The daily adventures continue into preschool, and with them come the steppingstones for a lifetime of learning with our Kids 'R' Kids Preschool Curriculum. Our goal is to help equip your child for the challenges ahead. Supporting each child during this time in his life helps to instill a sense of confidence and accomplishment while he basks in his daily successes.
Preschoolers are continuing their learning adventure with a desire to do things on their own and make new discoveries. That's why we've designed our Preschool Program to fulfill the preschool mind.
Our standards-based Preschool Curriculum is divided into weekly, theme-based units. We introduce Words of the Week to strengthen and increase vocabularies and develop character. Group exercises, as well as individual skills practice, complement your child's developmental growth and provide him with many opportunities to explore his personal interests. Weekly Character Connections develop strong, positive character traits and boost self-esteem in every child.
Growing Minds, Growing Up
As children enter preschool, the Kids 'R' Kids Curriculum shifts to accommodate a more planned structure, preparing preschoolers for the academic schedules they'll soon find in elementary school.
The Preschool Curriculum includes:
- Child-directed learning which allows preschoolers to process and self-regulate their own decisions
- Language, physical, and cognitive development that focuses on learning curves needed for developmental milestones
- Small group activities that are planned for every child throughout each day
- Literacy and writing activities which are age-appropriate and provided daily
- Activities and music to balance learning and fun
- Emotional and social development with peers and teachers
- Planned outdoor activities that promote physical fitness and development
- Daily enrichment activities to encourage imaginative and creative play
- Progress reports that inform parents of children's daily accomplishments
- Decision-making skills to support growing minds
Our Advanced Approach
Each day at Kids `R` Kids, children spend their time exploring, learning, and accomplishing new skills. The value of "playtime" should not be underestimated in a preschool learning environment. Kids `R` Kids, through decades of working with and observing children, understands that as children work and play in well-designed learning stations, they learn to make good choices because there is purpose in their play.
Your child learns critical developmental skills throughout each of our learning stations. Here are just a few examples of what each learning station offers your preschool child:
- Construction Station - Architecture, vocabulary, eye-hand coordination and cooperation
- Imagination Station - Social skills, self-confidence and respect
- Library and Literature Station - Listening skills, word recognition and oral language skills
- Writing Station - Eye-hand coordination, name recognition and self-expression
- Exploration Station - Classification, problem-solving and sequencing
- Discovery Station - Experimentation, exploration and prediction
- Sensory Station - Fine-motor skills, measuring and creativity
- Music and Movement Station - Listening, teamwork and patterning
As Preschool children grow through our curriculum, Kids 'R' Kids keeps in mind the essential “Hug First, Then Teach” philosophy. Preschoolers need encouragement and praise as they learn to share, problem-solve, and respect their parents, teachers and peers. That's just another reason why a solid foundation, beginning with a loving environment, is essential for every child's success.